Permaculture Design Certificate
[Duration: 90 hours. Language: English] This is the 72-hour certified permaculture design course (CCP in French, Permaculture Design Certificate or PDC in English). It gives you a wide range of practical skills and knowledge on regenerative practices, ecology and self-sufficiency. The early bird price is available until 01.07.2020.
4 in stock
This is an educational base, created by Bill Mollison which gives you a real "package" to learn, empower yourself, and apply permaculture at home. This training is the 72-hour certified permaculture design course (CCP in French, Permaculture Design Certificate or PDC in English), first developed Australia at the Permaculture Research Institute, and which we increased to 90 hours to add themes that seem essential to us, such as human permaculture, among others.
Our training is certified by the Permaculture Association UK and organised in collaboration with CELL, the Centre for Ecological Learning Luxembourg Transition Hub.
Who Should Attend?
This training is mainly intended for people who are at the start of the journey, in the first years of training. This training is not intended for experienced permaculturists, unless they want to live the intense experience of human permaculture and the transformation that accompanies it, sharing knowledge, collective and group work.
- Permaculture ethics and principles
- Practical workshops
- The permaculture design process: skills, tools and methods
- Design practice: group work on design projects
- Presentation: demonstration and evaluation of learning from the training
Topics covered include:
- Soil: food web, macro / microorganisms, mulching, composting, plowing, soil sampling, erosion, mycorrhizal and bacterial associations
- Water: hydrological cycle, rainwater recovery, natural wastewater systems, drainage, water as an energy reservoir and water use, aquaponics
- Plants and trees: tree species, energy transactions, forest gardening, temperate climate, indicator plants and orchards Food production: organic and regenerative agriculture, creation of beds, food preservation
- Built environment: ecological buildings, renovation, transport, renewable energies and urban contexts
- Resource use: ecological and carbon footprint, life cycle assessment
- Social systems: personal and community resilience, communication skills, economy, land tenure, governance and decision-making
- Community Building: team building, morning circles, system games, social conception of the CCP.
- Project visits and special guests
Day 1: September 19, 2020
Day 2: September 20, 2020
Day 3: October 17, 2020
Day 4: October 18, 2020
Day 5: November 14, 2020
Day 6: November 15, 2020
Day 7: December 12, 2020
Day 8: December 13, 2020
Day 9: January 16, 2021
Day 10: January 17, 2021
Day 11: January 23, 2021
Day 12: January 24, 2021
Start time: 09:30 CEST
End time: 17:00 CEST